About Adam Polaski
Adam Polaski is a writer, graphic designer, and storyteller in Brooklyn.
He has nearly a decade of experience working to harness the power of writing, narrative, digital strategy, social media, and graphic design to advance social justice. He has worked full time on the digital and communication teams at Freedom to Marry, the successful campaign to win marriage for same-sex couples in the United States, and Freedom for All Americans, a national organization committed to securing LGBTQ-inclusive non-discrimination protections. He has also worked with the Campaign for Southern Equality, GLSEN, and the Religious Institute, and he has worked on campaigns for elected officials, social justice issues, and more.
Adam studied journalism and Spanish at Ithaca College. He has been recognized for Excellence in Online Journalism by the National Gay & Lesbian Journalists Association for his work as a writer and editor for The Bilerico Project. His writing has also been published in Hello Mr. magazine and in Love Unites Us, a book about the marriage equality movement. He is originally from Philadelphia and is a proud, voracious reader who is happy to recommend your next favorite book club selection.
Connect with Adam on Twitter and Instagram: @AdamPolaski.
- National Gay & Lesbian Journalists Association Award, "Excellence in Online Journalism," 2012: Third-place Award recognizing my independently-reported four-part series on Lez Get Real for The Bilerico Project, published June 2011.
- GLAAD Media Award nomination with The Bilerico Project: Outstanding Blog, 2012: The Bilerico Project was nominated for Outstanding Blog in January 2012, recognizing the blog's work in 2011, during which I served six months as Editorial Intern and then Associate Editor.
- Park Scholar Award: 2008-2012Full merit-based scholarship to Ithaca College's Roy H. Park School of Communications, based on academic success, leadership skills, service commitment and passion for communications
- Peggy R. Williams Award for Academic and Community Leadership: 2011Ithaca College award recognizing students who excel academically, perform service to the College community and nation, and represent an exemplary level of accomplishment.
- Lambda Pi Eta Communications Honors Society: Inducted Fall 2009The National Communication Association’s official honor society at four-year colleges and universities. Served as chapter secretary 2010-2012.